In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Tom Peters. Tom is coauthor of In Search of Excellence—the book that changed the way the world does business and is often tagged as the best business book ever. Twenty books and forty years later, Tom is still at the forefront of the “management guru industry” he single-handedly invented. He’s out with yet another co-authored book with Nancye Green called — Tom Peters’ Compact Guide to Excellence.
Questions I ask Tom Peters:
- [2:53] Do you spot trends or destroy them?
- [5:51] This book that you’ve recently written is very compact — is that part of the message?
- [7:33] Why was design such a crucial element of this book?
- [10:16] Do you think great design helps you deliver a great message in a lot fewer words?
- [12:41] What was your process for creating this book?
- [15:04] Could you talk about your thoughts on the idea that amateurs talk about strategy?
- [18:02] Where are people getting culture wrong these days?
- [26:03] Do you have a favorite quote from the book?
- [27:53] Where can people connect with you and learn more about your work?
More About Tom Peters:
More About The Agency Workshop:
Take The Marketing Assessment:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network.
HubSpot Podcast Network is the audio destination for business professionals who seek the best education and inspiration on how to grow a business.